Almond cosmetic properties
The Almond is the fruit of the Almond (Prunus Dulcis), a small tree with white and pink flowers that bloom in early spring. It is native to Asia and later was introduced in Europe starting from the Mediterranean basin.
Almonds are seeds rich in vitamins (like vitamin E), minerals (such as magnesium, iron, calcium), fiber, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats: they are a valuable source of energy, but at the same time they are very caloric.
Eating almonds helps maintain low cholesterol levels and prevent high blood pressure and arteriosclerosis, it helps to fight the formation of free radicals and improve intestinal functions, even the sensitive digestive systems and irritated.
By cold pressing of sweet almond we can obtain the sweet almond oil which maintains the nutritional value of the seed, which contains fatty acids, vitamins and minerals, ideal to the skin of children, adults and seniors.
The sweet almond oil (in the INCI is the Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil) is widely used in cosmetics for its soothing and softening action because its application:
– nourishes dry skin, making them smooth and soft;
– prevents the typical pregnancy stretch marks;
– eliminates impurities of oily skin;
– easily removes residues of post-depilation wax;
– intensely nourishes dry, frizzy and brittle hair, making them more soft and shiny;
– softens the cuticle and promotes the growth of healthy and strong nails.